The show “LOTR – Rings of Power” popularity is undeniable. Its powerful characters and the setting helped in making it a classic. It’s a fantasy series inspired by the novel “The Lord Of The Rings” by J.R.R Tolkien. The cast of the epic fantasy show on Amazon Prime Video totals a remarkable 22 experienced actors from other worldwide shows.
Yes! Some characters from the series would be familiar to J.R.R Tolkien and the series fans. But some, even the die-hard fans, wouldn’t recognize them because they are created entirely just for the show. Therefore, it isn’t easy to allocate a power rating to any LOTR characters without considering their strengths. So, considering its fame, here’s the list of the 10 most powerful characters from LOTR – Rings of Power.
Morfydd Clark as Galadriel
Fans of the trilogy The Lord of the Rings know Galadriel as one of the most powerful Elves in Middle-Earth. She is considered more intelligent and powerful than almost everyone. She is the bearer of Nenya, one among the three elven power rings. However, in The Ring of Power series, you will see her younger and more rebellious, ready to fight.
Imagine her powers when Maia and two Aratar taught her everything. Galadriel is not famed for her fighting skills but for her mastery of magic. She gained it by studying under more powerful beings.
- She is a Swedish actress best known for her roles in Saint Maud and LOTR – The Rings of Power.
- Morfydd Clark earned a nomination for Best Actress at the British Independent Film Awards for her work in Saint Maud.
- She performed in theatrical shows for many years as part of training before accepting roles in films and TV series.
Charlie Vickers as Halbrand
In The Rings of Power, the new character Halbrand emerges. It is shown in the series as he is on the run and meets Galadriel. His background is unknown, but he looks like someone with an important role in the show. Fans have already started believing that he might be protecting his identity. It implies that everyone is concerned about the mystery background. However, Gladierel’s appearance with him indicates that he will play a major role in the fight against good and evil. The important thing is that he looks clever and powerful.
- Charlie Vickers is a British actor who worked as a model for several TV commercials and brand promotions.
- He got fame because of his role as Halband in the show “The Ring Of Power.”
Lloyd Owen as Elendil
Isildurs father, Elendil, was a key figure in the battle against Sauron. His name literally means “Elf Friend.” He forged an important alliance with the elves to halt the rise of tremendous evil throughout Middle-earth. In The Ring of Power series, he will be seen leading a ship and trying really hard to control his children’s rage.
- He is a British Welsh actor who speaks French fluently.
- He received training at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) and the National Youth Theatre in London.
Robert Armayo as Elrond
Elrond is everyone’s favorite since he is wise and has the ability to see the future. He was famous for counseling other characters, including his daughter. She later married Aragorn and spent her remaining life as a mortal. Like other characters in the series, he came from the strongest, most powerful lineage.
He is recognized for serving in the White Council and participating in the Second Age battle against Sauron. He had tremendous magical abilities in addition to his authority, as it is shown that he could heal a Morgul wound. Further, he is the owner of Vilya, one of the power rings. He utilized the Ring to defeat the Nazgul army on the River Bruinen.
- He’s an English actor whose career started with a role in A Clockwork Orange.
- Robert gained fame for his performance in “Game of Thrones.”
Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Queen Regent Míriel
One of the significant locations in The Ring of Power is the Island Kingdom of Numenor. The humans of half-elf descent ruled it for several years. However, Numenor has already been destroyed before The Lord of the Rings: In Fellowship of the Ring. The region is still threatening throughout the events of Rings of Power. When the series starts, you will see Queen Regent Míriel is in charge of the realm. Yet, her people are uneasy and confused regarding the kingdom’s destiny.
- Cynthia Addai-Robinson is an American actress widely known for her work in the TV series Spartacus, Arrow, and the USA Network series, Shooter.
- She was nominated for the Women’s Image Network Award for Best Actress in Drama Series.
Daniel Weyman as The Stranger
In the series, an unknown man mysteriously falls onto the meteor, and Nori discovers him. As he doesn’t speak Nori’s language, it’s unclear where he came from, but he appears to possess some supernatural abilities. He is known as The Stranger until now because his identity isn’t revealed in the show. However, the show’s fans assume that he may be the wizard.
- He is an English actor who appeared in several stage productions.
- In the 2006 TMA Awards, he was nominated for Best Performance in the Play.
Owain Arthur as Prince Durin IV
He was the ruler and King of the Durin tribe and the powerful dwarven city called Khazad-dûm. Like his father, he was also the bearer of The Ring of Power. Durin IV was the ruler of the Longbeards. He was entrusted with overcoming a powerful Easterling horde along with “Thíuda,” the Second Age’s Northmen. However, they were overthrown and escaped to reunite the League on the Gorgoroth plain under siege.
- He is a Welsh actor who became famous for his role as Francis Henshall in One Man, Two Guvnors.
- Arthur received his training from The Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
John Westbrook as Treebeard
Among the last Ents to exist in Middle-earth was Treebeard. When the other heroes fought to finish Sauron, he didn’t care. He and his companions were happy to live in isolation and devote themselves to their trees. He only intervenes once Sauron begins clearing woods, posing a risk to the Ents and their mode of existence.
How resilient is an ancient tree, then? The answer is probably very damn strong considering that Treebeard was capable of annihilating Isengard’s fortifications alone. In contrast, the other Ents destroyed the dam wall and let water flow into Wizards Vale.
- He was a popular British English actor between 1922-1989.
- Initially, he worked mainly in theatre and radio, occasionally appearing in television films.
Charles Edwards as Celebrimbor
This elf is renowned across Middle-earth and beyond. His specialty is that he is brilliant with a hammer and forge. Celebrimbor is a talented artisan descended from the renowned First Age artisan Feanor. He designed the three Silmarils, the special jewels that shaped the history of Middle-Earth during the first age. Later he developed a connection with neighboring dwarves at Khazad-dûm. But, he was tricked into creating several powerful rings, which aided in accelerating Sauron’s ultimate emergence.
- Charles is a British actor who has been in the industry for almost 27 years and continues to delight fans with his charm.
- He is famous for his performance in Batman Begins and has extensive experience in theatre work.
Ismael Cruz Córdova as Arondir
You will see powerful elves and their legendary family history in the show. However, a far more modest character, Arondir, a silvan elf, is among the key characters of The Rings of Power. Arondir, a warrior positioned in the Southlands, aids in keeping an eye on the inhabitants, who long ago allied forces with the wicked Sauron.
- He is a Puerto Rican stage and television actor who gained fame after his role in Sesame Street as Mando.
- He is one of those stars who got recognition over a short period of time.